Unique to the Oaks
- Physician Practice on site. – Dr. Charles Raine, Endocrinologist, has his practice on our site. Dr. Raine, who is Medical Director of our PACE Center, is highly regarded in treating Diabetes. He has a limited private practice, but will see residents of The Oaks. Rather than driving to a physician’s office and waiting a substantial amount of time, our residents simply go down the hall or ride their golf cart to his office. A typical visit, in and out, is 45 minutes. Even if Dr. Raine is not a resident’s primary physician, he can see a resident quickly when needed.
- Pharmacy services on site and pharmacy delivery to door if needed. – The Oaks has a local Pharmacy that provides a Pharm Tec in our Gift Shop from 10am to 12noon and 3pm to 5 pm five days a week. A resident can hand in a prescription in the morning and have it ready for pickup in the afternoon. Additionally, the Pharmacy delivers on campus directly to a resident’s door in the late afternoon, if needed.
- Podiatrist – The Oaks has a Podiatrist that comes to our campus periodically to work with our Residents. The Podiatrist is scheduled through our First Aid Clinic.
- Optometrist – The Oaks has an Optometrist, Dr. Philbeck, who comes to our campus to provide eye care for our residents in Residential Living, Assisted Living, and in our Nursing Facility.
- Audiologist – Dr. Bonnie Dempsey is in her office at The Oaks each Tuesday providing services for our residents as well as her other clients
- First Aid Clinic – Our First Aid Clinic, another of our “included” services, is manned by a CNA and is available to our residents Five (5) days a week for minor needs, BP checks, etc. She also responds during the day when someone sends an alert. Shirley, our CNA, determines whether additional assistance is needed. An LPN gives B-12 shots in the clinic at designated times. If a resident is not feeling 100%, Clinic staff will check the resident out and help determine if more assistance is needed.
- Ambulance Service on site – The Oaks is unique in that we have an Ambulance company head quartered on our property. Typically, if an ambulance is needed, response time is greatly reduced.
- Our Sheffield Medical Center is one of the few in the state that has a Registered Nurse in the Center 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Receptionist/information service 24 hours a day.
- Meals delivered when unable to come to dining areas.
- 24 hour security
- Emergency warning system by phone
- Full time Chaplain in contact with residents
- Gift Shop
- Motel type accommodations for visiting friends and family
- Banquet rooms for special family events
- Massage Therapy available in our Massage Room.
- RV Storage
- Things for the grandkids to do while visiting
- Wine and Cheese Fridays
- Supper Club
- Oyster Roast, Peanut Boils, Beaufort Stew, Bar-B-Que cookouts
Our Natural Setting
- Birds, butterflies, flora and fauna – nature trails
- The Oaks Yacht Club – remote control sailboats
- Boating on the new lake. Big enough for kayak, canoe or small sailboats
Other Special Features
- Aiken Horse Racing, Camden and Elloree Trials.
- Community Celebration Galore – Orangeburg, Springfield, Branchville, Elloree, Picolo Spoleto in Charleston.
- The Oaks Players – theatrical presentations
- The Orangeburg Part Time Players and The Fine Arts Center Programs
- We work in your home. Where ever you live on campus, it is your home and that is the way your home and you are treated.