Partnering with The Oaks in Mission and Ministry
Caring for those in need by partnering with The Oaks can be a very fulfilling and positive experience. In order to meet these needs and to exemplify its Mission, Vision and Core Values, The Oaks has established the Residents Assistance Fund.
Through the Residents Assistance Fund:
- A pastor, church secretary or other church staff who has dedicated their life to service of others, but who does not have adequate financial resources, can be admitted.
- Current residents who have exhausted their own financial resources can remain in care.
- The Oaks can provide skilled nursing care to those on Medicaid at the Sheffield Health Care Center and is one of only six non-profit Continuing Care Retirement Communities in SC that currently does so.
- The Oaks PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) was, in part, established. This Medicaid funded program provides managed health care for the poor, frail and elderly of Orangeburg, Calhoun and Bamberg counties.
- The quality of care for all Oaks residents and clients is improved by providing program improvements that are unable to be funded through the normal budgetary process.
Ways You Can Give
- Secure Credit Card Online
To make a donation to The Oaks via the internet using your VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover, please click on the donate button below.
- Check or Money Order
Direct Donations by check provide immediate essential support for The Oaks. Please click here to download a donation form which also provides space to make your donation as an honor or memorial to a loved one or friend.
- Matching Gifts can increase the impact of your donation. You are encouraged to
contact your employer to determine whether your company offers a matching gift
- Gifts of Stocks, Securities, Real Estate or other Assets: Gifts of appreciated
assets made to The Oaks can relieve you of capital gains taxes and allow you to
take a tax deduction for the full value of the asset at the time of the gift.*
- Gifts-In-Kind allow you to make The Oaks a gift of services or equipment. In the
past, friends of the Oaks have contributed such items as office furniture and
computer equipment. Others have offered their services in landscaping, building
- Planned Gifts allow you to use your resources for your benefit during your lifetime
and then provide a legacy gift that will be of significant benefit to The Oaks
in the future. Listed below are a number of ways you can support the Oaks
through a legacy gift. Each has its own benefits, including current and/or future
tax implications which are best explained by your professional tax or financial
- Bequest – Leave a portion
or all of your estate to the Oaks through your will. Sample language that your
attorney can use in your will is as follows:
I give, devise, and bequeath ________% or $ ________ of my estate to the Methodist Oaks, Orangeburg, SC for its general purposes.
- Life Insurance – Make the Oaks a beneficiary of your policy or transfer your policy to the Oaks
- Financial Accounts – Make the Oaks a payable on death beneficiary of your deposit accounts
- Retirement Plans – Make the Oaks a beneficiary on your IRA, 401(k) plan, pension, annuity or other retirement savings vehicles
- Real Estate – You can transfer real estate to the Oaks directly, through your will or through a life estate
- Charitable Gift Annuity – Make a gift of cash or securities and receive income for life
- Charitable Trusts – Charitable Trusts can be established with your assets to provide income to you or others for a number of years or for lifetime; then, the assets transfer to the Oaks at your death or death of other designated beneficiaries
- Bequest – Leave a portion or all of your estate to the Oaks through your will. Sample language that your attorney can use in your will is as follows:
To find out more about Planned Gifts, the Residents Assistance Fund or how you can donate, please contact:
Andy Cox, CEO
PO Drawer 327 Orangeburg, SC 29116
Phone: (803) 268-1727
* The Methodist Oaks (The Oaks) is exempt from Federal income tax under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Gifts to The Oaks are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. You should consult with your tax or other financial advisor on any tax issues.